Showing all 1 result
How to take Alprazolam?
Alprazolam is an oral medication to treat anxiety disorders, namely generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder, and symptoms of anxiety such as insomnia due to anxiety or depression associated with anxiety.
You can buy alprazolam online in the dosage formulations of an immediate-release tablet, an extended-release tablet, an orally disintegrating pill, and an oral solution.
Take the immediate-release tablet, disintegrating tablet, and oral solution usually two to four times a day.
Take the extended-release tablet once a day every morning.
Alprazolam has a medication guide that comes with it. Please read it to know about all the dosing and related information. Carefully follow all the instructions and contact your doctor if you still have any queries after reading the manual.
Never change, increase or decrease the amount or frequency of doses by yourself. Take it only as directed by your prescribing doctor.
Use a dropper to take a concentrated liquid solution of alprazolam. Take the amount of dose to prescribe in the dropper and squeeze the medication in the dropper into some liquid or semi-solid food like water, juice, applesauce, soda, or pudding. Stir the mixture gently for several seconds until the liquid gets thoroughly blend. Immediately eat or drink the mixture. Do not save it for future use.
Handle the orally disintegrating tablet only with dry hands. Take them out of the bottle when you are ready to consume. Place the pill on your tongue, and once it starts dissolving, swallow it with saliva. You can take the disintegrating tablets with or without water as needed.
Extended-release tablets are not for chewing, crushing, or breaking. Swallow them whole, one at a time.
A doctor may initiate the treatment of alprazolam with low dosages and gradually increase your doses at the intervals of at least 3-4 days.
Alprazolam is a habit-forming medication. It is advisable not to take higher, more frequent, or prolonged dosages than prescribed. Never increase or decrease your daily dosages by yourself.
Suddenly stop taking alprazolam may cause withdrawal symptoms such as uncontrollable shaking of body parts, headache, seizures, increased sensitivity to heat and light, blurred vision, nervousness, sweating, loss of concentration, sleep problems, irritability, depression, aggressiveness, muscle twitching, numbness, loss of appetite, weight loss, pain, vomiting, or diarrhea.
What are the precautions that you should take?
There are certain precautions that you should know before you order alprazolam online:
- Allergic reactions to alprazolam can be severe. It would be best if you told the doctor about all your allergies and unusual reactions with alprazolam, other benzodiazepines, and other items such as preservatives, or dyes.
- Do not take alprazolam if you are taking itraconazole (Sporanox, Onmel) or ketoconazole (Nizoral).
- Alprazolam reacts with many drugs to cause severe reactions. Consequently, your doctor should know about all the prescription and non-prescription medications you are taking. Some nutritional supplements, vitamins, and herbal products also interact with alprazolam.
- Do not take alprazolam if you have glaucoma, especially acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
- If you have or ever had suicidal ideations, depression, alcoholism, drug abuse, lung, liver, or kidney disease, or seizures, you should avoid taking alprazolam.
- Alprazolam can be harmful to the fetus in all the trimesters of pregnancy. Please consult your doctor about its benefits and potential side effects during pregnancy.
- Geriatric patients are more prone to the side effects of alprazolam. You should weigh its effectiveness against its adverse consequences for elderly patients above 65 years of age.
- Before having any operation or surgery, let your doctor know if you are on alprazolam treatment.
- Alprazolam makes you drowsy. It affects the alertness and concentration of a person. So, you shouldn’t do any work of vigilance while on alprazolam.
What are the possible side effects?
Alprazolam causes mild to severe side effects. A person may have a few or no adverse effects while taking alprazolam.
Common side effects :
- Dry mouth
- Trouble concentrating
- Dry mouth
- Change in appetite
- Change in sex drive
- Joint pain
- Trouble urinating
- Weight loss or gain
Serious side effects :
- Shortness of breath
- Severe skin rash
- Memory impairment
- Yellow eyes or skin
- Behavior changes
- Suicidal ideation
- Loss of coordination
There can be some other effects apart from the ones listed above. Go through all side effects on the label when you buy Alprazolam online.