Showing all 1 result
What is Methadone?
Methadone is a controlled opioid pain medication that is also effective in the treatment of heroin and other narcotic addiction. People struggling with these addictions can buy Methadone online with a prescription. Though this medication is safer than other narcotics, you should take caution while using it as there is a potential for abuse.
This drug can be taken in tablet, powder, or liquid form, as your doctor prescribed. You should not take this medicine without a prescription because doing so can cause severe problems and amplified side effects.
Methadone is an effective drug in the treatment of moderate to severe pain, and doctors also prescribe it for the treatment of other opioid addictions. It affects the brain to change how your body responds to pain, and it also helps in combating the withdrawal symptoms caused by other opioid medications.
If you are having pain issues, then you can order Methadone online from an official website. You should not only use this medication if non-opioid pain medicines don’t work, or you are unable to tolerate them.
Proper and safe Methadone dosage
The correct and safe dosage is the one that your doctor prescribes for you, but if you buy Methadone online, you might get the prescription chart with dosage information. It is best to be cautious while taking this drug as an overdose can cause severe side effects.
For moderate to severe pain
- Usual dosage – 2.5mg at 8 to 12 hours interval
- Dosage increase – the doctor can increase the dosage every three to five days or more
Dosage for detoxification
- Starting dosage – 20-30mg
- Dosage increase – after two to four hours, the doctor might give you an extra 5 to 10mg
- Typical dosage – short-term dosage for detoxification is 20mg, which you should take two times a day
- The maximum dosage should not exceed 40mg on the first day
For maintenance of opioid addiction
- 80 to 120mg per day
- Your doctor can increase or decrease the dosage as per your requirement
Note- Children below 18 and older people who are above 65 years of age should not take this medicine without consulting with their doctor.
What caution should you take while using Methadone?
Methadone is an opiate pain medicine and can be very addictive if you are cautious while taking it. There are other precautions that you should consider while consuming this drug.
- This drug is addictive and can be misused. If you overdose on this drug, then it can cause severe problems and even death.
- Refrain from the use of this drug if you have any breathing problems as it is known to cause slowing down of breathing and even stopping it.
- If you take more than 200mg per day, you are at a higher risk of developing heart rhythm problems.
- If you use this drug during pregnancy, then your newborn child will be at risk of suffering from neonatal withdrawal syndrome, which can be fatal.
- If you take this medicine with medicines that affect the nervous system, then it can cause problems like drowsiness, breathing difficulties, coma, or even death.
- Your doctor should be aware if you are allergic to this drug before prescribing it.
- Mixing this medicine with alcohol can cause low blood pressure, breathing problems, and sedation.
- If you have kidney problems, then you should consult your doctor before taking this drug as your kidneys might not be able to process this drug correctly.
- Keep it out of the reach of children as consumption of this drug can be fatal for children.
- Don’t suddenly stop taking this drug as it can cause severe withdrawal symptoms.
Side effects of Methadone
Methadone is a very effective drug for the treatment of pain and addictions. If you have a prescription, then you can easily order Methadone online. But be cautious as there are some side effects of this medicine. If any of these symptoms occur after taking this drug, then you should inform your doctor, or if the severity of the symptoms is high, it will be appropriate to call emergency services.
Common side effects
- Stomach pain
Severe side effects
- Breathing problem
- Low blood pressure
- Chest pain
- Fast heart rate
- Dilated pupils
- Muscle and backache